Tinnitus Evaluation and Management
- More than 12 Million people suffer from Tinnitus
- 15% of the general population report Tinnitus.
- 80-90% of patients with Tinnitus have hearing loss.
- Only 10-20% of those with Tinnitus seek medical attention
Audiology Associates is now offering Tinnitus Evaluations and Treatment options.
Tinnitus Evaluation, Management and Treatment options are within the scope of practice of Audiologists.
“Audiologist are qualified to evaluate, diagnose, develop management strategies, provide treatment and rehabilitation for tinnitus patients.” ( American Academy of Audiology www.audiology.org) and the American Speech-Hearing-Language Association www.asha.org)
Having recently completed comprehensive training in Jastreboff’s Tinnitus Retraining Therapies (TRT), Both of our staff Audiologists are available to evaluate, and offer treatment options to assist you in the management of your tinnitus.
(Pawel Jastreboff s model of Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT) 1990 is still a leading model of tinnitus habituation techniques.)
Frequently Asked questions:
- Do Homeopathic/Herbal formulas work? Homeopathic remedies and supplements have not been found to be effective in reducing tinnitus.
- Are dietary changes recommended to assist with tinnitus? Adding dietary restrictions may complicate matters by increasing the stress level within the individual. Reducing caffeine, fatty foods, alcohol and salts may have some benefit.
- Can “Tinnitus maskers” cure tinnitus? While there is no known “cure”, sound generators may be an important piece of an individual’s tinnitus management program when properly fit and adjusted to a specific need.
- Does Insurance cover the cost of tinnitus management therapies? Insurance may cover the cost of the diagnostic and evaluation procedures but may not cover therapy, counseling or instrumentation.
For more information contact the American Tinnitus Association at www.ata.org or find information about Dr. Jastreboff at: http://otolaryngology.emory.edu/about-us/faculty/pjastreboff.html
Audiology Associates has specialized training in the evaluation and diagnostic assessment of Tinnitus as well as specialized equipment for high frequency testing to pitch match and quantify it.
- We stand ready to offer services in tinnitus evaluation and tinnitus management techniques.
- We offer counseling and tinnitus retraining therapy.
- We offer a complete line of sound generators; some stand alone i.e. Sound Cure products.
- We offer tinnitus sound generators built into hearing aids for those who need both.
Contact us today for your Tinnitus Evaluation